“The Friendly Place”
1-800-421-9708 or 320-796-2775
Email us at:
Little Crow Water Ski Team
|TO KNOW ABOUT GOLF IN THE AREA — Click Here!!|
The New London/Spicer area boasts the Little Crow Water Ski Team which provides a weekly show during the summertime. Click here to learn more!
Sibley State Park is only 5 miles from the resort and provides over 2,400 acres of rich, mosaic prairies, lush hardwood forests, bountiful wetlands and cool, clear lakes. For the hiker, biker or horseback rider, Sibley has it all! Click here to learn more.
The Prairie Woods Environmental Learning Center provides a 40-foot climbing wall and other challenging activities. There is a 424-acre outdoor classroom offering hands-on experiences, and it is located near Lake Florida — just west of Island View Resort. Click here to learn more
For the outdoors enthusiast who loves to hike, bike, jog or rollerblade, the Glacial Lakes State Trail cannot be beat! Miles of newly-paved trail lead from Willmar north through Spicer and New London and pass close to Island View Resort. Click here to see the web site and a map of the trail!
For more information on any of these attractions, click here to see the comprehensive Kandiyohi County website.
For information specific to New London, visit their website at ci.new-london.mn.us.
- Spicer Fourth of July Celebration
- Spicer Lions Annual Fishing Derby
- Syttende Mai Celebration
- Region V Dairy Days
- Little Crow Anglers Walleye Tournament
- Kandi Is Dandy Days
- SonShine Festival in Willmar
- Cornstalk Fest
- Rumble to Revy’s
- Pennock Fun Days
- Kandiyohi County Fair
- Decision Hills August Fest
- Flower Fest
- Raymond Harvest Festival
- Lake Lillian Harvest Festival
- New London — Crow River Fishing
- New London Fine Arts Festival
- New London — Annual Kids’ Fishing Tourney
- New London Water Days
- New London Music Festival
- New London to New Brighton Antique Car Run
- New London Prairie Pothole Day
- Atwater Threshing Days
- Celebrate Art! Celebrate Coffee!
- Atwater Festival Days
- Willmar Fests
- Princeton Fourth of July Celebration
- Blomkest Appreciation Day
- Green Lake Bible Camp Quilt Auction
Gardens & Parks
- Williams Apple Farm in Blomkest
- Sunnyside Orchards in Pennock
- Jimmy Appleseed Orchard in Spicer
- Lost Valley Orchard in Hawick
- Click Here to know more about apple orchards in the area
- WENDAVE Strawberries & Melons in Hawick
- Adam’s Apple House in Willmar
- Kandi Apple & Honey Farm in Willmar
- Country Tymes Remembered in Spicer
- Creative Garden in Willmar
Sites of Interest
- Little Crow Water Ski Team
- Glacial Ridge Trail
- The House of Jacobs
- Spicer Castle “Belle”
- J & L Bison Ranch
- Mr. B’s Chocolatier
- Green Lake Bible Camp Chapel
- Local Hay & Sleigh Rides
- Centre Point Mall & Heritage Square in Willmar
- Kandi Mall in Willmar
- Many Specialty Shops in the Area (call 1-800-845-TRIP)
- Green Lake Mall in Spicer
- Skylark Mall in Willmar
- Many Antique Shops in the Area (call 1-800-845-TRIP)
Museums & Galleries
- Kandiyohi County Historical Society & Museum
- Atwater Area Historical Society & Museum
- Mikkelson Collection
- Sperry House
- Monongalia Historical Society & Museum
- Schwanke’s Museum
- The Barn Theatre
- Ridgewater College Willmar Campus Theatre
- Willmar Community Orchestra
- Little Theater
- Prairie Winds Community Band Program
Sports and Recreation
- Milk Meet for Region V Dairy Days
- Foot Lake 4-Mile Walk/Run
- Relay for Life
- Health & Fitness Walk
- Duplicate Bridge
- Atwater Run Around
- Green Lake Road Race
- Horseback Riding
- Entertainment Parks (Big Kahuna, Public Market Miniature Golf & Wally’s Water World)
(back to top)
Learn more about these courses,
including slopes/ratings, green fees,
4-day weather forecasts for the
course & more by going to Teemaster.com.
Little Crow Country Club
North Highway #23 — Spicer, MN
- Less than 1 mile from Island View Resort.
- 27-hole Championship golf course measuring between 5662 and 6740 yards
- Golf digest gave this course a 3-star rating in their Places to Play Guide Book.
- Dining room area available.
Eagle Creek Golf Club
1000 26th Avenue NW — Willmar, MN
North Highway #23 — Spicer, MN
- 18-hole, semi-private golf club, available to the public.
- Both sets of 9-holes were built at different times (1931 and 1962), providing a truly different front and back course.
- Fine dining at the Blue Heron restaurant next to the club house provides for a well-rounded day!
Island Pine Golf Club
1601 Wyoming Ave. W. — Atwater, MN
- Gently rolling course with scenic wetlands and the largest greens in the area, ranging from 10,000 – 15,000 square feet.
- Signature Par 3 hole with island green at the 18th.
- A Championship course measuring from 5518 yards (red) to 6680 yards (blue).
- Grill and lounge area available to enjoy after your round!
(back to top)
Hawk Creek Country Club
100 Spicer Ave. NE — Raymond, MN
- 9-hole course just 15 minutes west of Willmar.
- Excellent recreational golf in a pristine setting incorporating Hawk Creek into many of the holes.